Learn How to Configure Your WicommFi Wireless Range Extender as an Access Point
If you are looking forward to set up your range extender as an Access point, first understand the concept of an Access point. Access point mainly receives data from the wired Ethernet. Later, it transfers that data to 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz wireless signal. The access point also receives or provides wireless signals to nearby wireless clients. The main benefit of using Wireless Range Extender as an access point is that it provides better network coverage. Access point makes sure no dropping of present bandwidth. The access point is different from your wireless router. If you want network coverage for your home only then range extender will be a good option. In case, you want to extend network at large scale then Access point might be a better idea. Even when you roam here and there, it will keep you connected.
How to Configure WicommFi Wireless Range Extender as an Access Point
You will require an Ethernet cable for Starting up the Configuration of WicommFi Wireless Range Extender as an Access Point. So, attach an Ethernet cable starting from your router to the extender. Put Ethernet cable one end into WicommFi Wireless Range Extender LAN/WAN port. Next, put another end of the Ethernet cable into any 1 LAN port of the router. Here, you also require attaching an Ethernet cable from router to the modem. Check below-mentioned points for further setup.
• Now, plug your device into Electrical socket & Switch it on.
• Next, activate WiFi on your laptop or computer & it will display accessible networks on the screen.
• Connect your Computer to the available network of the WicommFi Wireless Range Extender. You can see network names such as 2.4G_WicommFi or 5G WicommFi.
• After this, open a web browser on your computer or laptop. Enter IP address 192.168.10.1into browser’s address bar & press Enter button.
• With this, you will get the Login window asking for username & password. Use Admin for both the options in lowercase.
• Select a language on this screen before you move further. Once you have entered the login details, press the enter button to proceed.
• On Dashboard screen, choose Access point mode.
• For 2.4G_WicommFi or 5G WicommFi band, type network name, key & encryption.
• At last, click on the apply button to save the changes & then wait for few seconds.
In case, you want to reset your device, press reset button & all the settings will set to default. Your device reboots & after that, you need to connect to the network once again. If you do not understand the steps mentioned above, feel free to contact us. Make most out of your WicommFi Wireless Range Extender.